This presentation has been created with
Reveal.js by Hakim El Hattab
Create beautiful interactive slide decks using HTML.
Use left/right arrow keys. ESC for slides overview
PDF Print then File|Print... (Chrome only)
OGC ? OWS?
- OGC defines OWS standards
- OWS standards include:
WMS, WFS, WCS, CSW, SOS, WPS, WMTS
OWS Monitoring Challenges
But our HTTP Monitor said: 200 OK...
Broken GetCapabilities response
- truncated file
- ad-hoc coded WMS/WFS
GetCapabilities response OK,
- GetCapabilities doc may be static file
- No guarantee specific services will work:
WMS GetMap, WFS GetFeature, ...
Time-based OGC Services
- SensorWeb Enablement (SWE)
Internet of Things (IoT)
- Sensor Observation Service (SOS)
- SensorThings API (STA)
Public "Uptime" services
But most critical OGC-services
run internally in/on datacenters/intranets
Need OGC-service-aware QoS checking
with history capture
- Python webapp (Dashboard)
- Check runner
- WSGI - standard Python
- Flask - web framework
- Run Standalone
- In http-server e.g Nginx or Apache2 (rec)
- Via cron-job
- Frequency and history retain configured
- Result reports
- Email Notification trigger (optional)
Plugins - Probes and Checks
- Standard (included in GHC)
- Custom (include your own!)
- More later on...
- Entities: Users, Resources, Runs, Tags, ProbeVars, CheckVars
- Maintains history (Runs)
- Multiple backends
via SQLAlchemy: default SQLite
- For grouping Resources
- Provide in UI
- More later on...
- Standard Python setup - Instructions
- Paver for setup and management tasks
GHC_RETENTION_DAYS = 30
GHC_RUN_FREQUENCY = 'hourly'
GHC_SELF_REGISTER = False
GHC_NOTIFICATIONS = False
GHC_NOTIFICATIONS_VERBOSITY = True
GHC_ADMIN_EMAIL = 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
GHC_NOTIFICATIONS_EMAIL = ['email@example.com', ..]
GHC_SITE_TITLE = 'GeoHealthCheck Demonstration'
GHC_SITE_URL = 'http://host'
GHC_SMTP = (email settings)
GHC_RELIABILITY_MATRIX = (when to show green/orange/red)
GHC_PLUGINS = [(standard, and/or YOUR PLUGINS)]
GHC_MAP = (map setup)
- Resource has URL
- URL is usually OWS Endpoint
- Probes: fire request(s) on URL
- Resource has N Probes
- Probe has N Checks (checklist)
- Each Check checks Probe result aspect
- Check gives aspect verdict (success/fail)
- All Checks: Probe Run Report (JSON)
- Probes and Checks are Plugins
- Plugin class and/or modules conf: GHC_PLUGINS
- Standard Probes & Checks
- User/Your Probes & Checks
Plugin Model - Probe Types
- Template (OWS) Requests
- Capabilities Checks
- Tags and Plugins (Probes & Checks) under dev
You Can Help!
- User Stories
- Coding (Plugins!)
- Sponsored Development